Posted on27 Oct 2021
Cooking Time: 72 mins
Servings: 12 portions
- 150 g plain / all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 150 g caster / superfine / granulated / regular sugar
- 60g unsalted butter, cut into 1.5cm / 1/2” cubes
- 125 ml milk, full fat
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp vegetable or canola oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F
- Place cupcake liners in a standard muffin tin
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Melt the butter and milk in the microwave and leave it in the microwave to stay warm.
- Beat the eggs at high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the flour in portions while beating it at a low speed until the flour cannot be seen.
- Add hot milk, vanilla, and oil into the empty bowl.
- Add 3/4 cups of the egg batter into the hot milk and whisk it till it is smooth.
- Pour the egg batter into the mixture and beat it at low speed for 15 minutes.
- Scrape the side and base and beat it for another 10 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tin filling 2/3 of it.
- Bake for 22 minutes until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 2 minutes and place it on the cooling rack.
- U can add topping such as cream, fruits or just eat it plain.