Posted on25 Oct 2021
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 16g cabbage
- 1 spring onion white part thinly sliced (reserve the green part for garnish)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 118ml flour
- 118ml water
- Oil for frying
- Okonomiyaki sauce
- Kewpie mayonnaise
- Kecap Manis
- Spring onion greens finely sliced
- Crispy shallots
- Nori finely sliced/shredded
- Put cabbage, spring onion, egg, soy sauce, flour and water in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Heat a frypan over low to medium heat and add a splash of oil for frying.
- Tip the okonomiyaki mixture into the pan and use a spatula to form it into a round pancake about 2cm thick.
Take your time cooking it - it's thick and you don't want the raw mixture in the middle.
When golden brown on the bottom, carefully flip and cook the other side until golden too.
Put a lid on the frypan for some of the cooking time to help it cook through.
- Remove from the pan and serve immediately, or keep warm in a low oven while you cook more pancakes.
- Top with your choice of condiments, slice into wedges and enjoy!