Kimchi Fried Rice
Posted on11 Nov 2021
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 tbsp gochujang
- 1 pinch of salt, to taste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 4 finely sliced scallions (white parts only)
- 128g kimchi
- 226g of bite-sized chicken/pork
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp canola/vegetable oil
- 384g cooked rice
- Heat canola/vegetable oil in a large, deep frying pan over high heat.
Then add chicken/pork, and cook stirring frequently, for several minutes
until the meat changes color and begins to look nearly cooked.
- Add the scallion whites, and cook while stirring for 1 to 2 minutes.
Next add kimchi and gochujang, and cook while stirring for 3 to 5
minutes until the kimchi starts to get soft.
- Add the rice, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Then mix well until the rice
is coated with the kimchi. (You can always add a little bit of the liquid
from the kimchi jar if it seems like there’s not enough color or spice for all of your rice!)
- Continue stirring constantly for just a few more minutes until the rice
is warmed through. Add the garlic chives in the last minute of cooking,
and stir well until they start to wilt. Season with salt, to taste.
- Serve topped with a fried egg and shredded seaweed. Enjoy!